Chicago State beats Houston Baptist 95-92
CHICAGO (AP)—John Cantrell scored a game-high 33 points to lead Chicago State to a 95-92 win over Houston Baptist on Monday night.
David Holston added 25 points, including five-3-pointers, and 14 assists and Mike Wilson had 19 points for Chicago State (19-13), which was tied with Houston Baptist (5-24) at halftime.
Points off turnovers hurt the Huskies. Chicago State scored 31 points off 18 Houston Baptist miscues. The Cougars also had 19 fast-break points, compared with 11 for Houston Baptist.
Mario Flaherty led Houston Baptist with 18 points. Andrew Puzyk added 17, including five 3-pointers and Baron Sauls scored 15 points and had 10 rebounds.
Emanuel Willis scored 11 points and Gordon Watt added 10 points for the Huskies.
Chicago State beat Houston Baptist 112-108 in overtime when the teams met Feb. 9 in Houston.
- Chicago State beats Houston Baptist 95-92
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook