Alabama State beats Texas Southern 90-73
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Andrew Hayles scored 18 points to lead Alabama State in a 90-73 win over Texas Southern on Monday night.
Chief Kickingstallionsims added 14 points and Brandon Brooks had 13 for the Hornets (18-8, 15-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who remain atop the SWAC with two road games left to play in the regular season. The Hornets have won nine straight games.
DeAndre Hall paced the Tigers (5-24, 5-11) with 30 points. The Tigers had their season best two-game winning streak snapped.
The Hornets led by 11 points at the break, and they sealed the game in the second half by outscoring the Tigers 50-44.
Alabama State went 28-for-36 from the free-throw line compared to just a 13-for-26 mark for the Tigers.
The Hornets, who beat the Tigers 72-56 on Feb. 2, swept the season series with the win.
- Alabama State beats Texas Southern 90-73
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game