Buffalo edges Ohio, 68-66
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Rodney Pierce sparked a late rally to erase a 10-point deficit and carry Buffalo to a 68-66 win Sunday over Ohio University at the Convocation Center.
Pierce, who led the game in scoring with 27 points, added eight points in the game’s final three minutes. Buffalo (18-9, 10-4 MAC) was trailing 65-55 with 3:35 left with Pierce hit a three-pointer. Calvin Betts helped seal up the win with three free throws and a layup.
Betts had 12 points for Buffalo.
Ohio (14-14, 7-7) played a balanced offense, with three players scoring in double digits. Jerome Tillman had 16 points, Justin Orr scored 14 and Steven Coleman came off the bench to add 13. But those solid performances could not save Ohio from the late collapse.
- Breakfast Buffet: Michigan State’s Delvon Roe gives golf a try
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner