Buffalo edges Ohio, 68-66
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Rodney Pierce sparked a late rally to erase a 10-point deficit and carry Buffalo to a 68-66 win Sunday over Ohio University at the Convocation Center.
Pierce, who led the game in scoring with 27 points, added eight points in the game’s final three minutes. Buffalo (18-9, 10-4 MAC) was trailing 65-55 with 3:35 left with Pierce hit a three-pointer. Calvin Betts helped seal up the win with three free throws and a layup.
Betts had 12 points for Buffalo.
Ohio (14-14, 7-7) played a balanced offense, with three players scoring in double digits. Jerome Tillman had 16 points, Justin Orr scored 14 and Steven Coleman came off the bench to add 13. But those solid performances could not save Ohio from the late collapse.
- North Carolina repeals HB2 on day of NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season