N. Colorado defeats Montana St. 77-50
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Jabril Banks scored 14 points as Northern Colorado defeated Montana State 77-50 Sunday, guaranteeing the Bears a fifth seed in the Big Sky Conference Tournament.
Northern Colorado led 13-2 with 15:49 left in the first half as the Bears started 6-of-6 from the field while Montana State was 1-of-6. The Bears went nearly six minutes into the game before missing their first shot.
Northern Colorado shot 54.5 percent in the second half while holding the Bobcats to 28.6 percent.
No Bobcat scored in double digits. Marquis Navarre and Bobby Howard each had nine points.
Northern Colorado will play Idaho State in Pocatello, Idaho, Saturday in the first round of the conference tournament.
Montana State, the sixth seed, will play at Montana Saturday.
- I see one team with a legitimate reason to complain: Saint Mary's
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- South Carolina freshman Felder arrested, jailed for assault
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season