New Hampshire beats Stony Brook 58-57 in OT
DURHAM, N.H. (AP)—Tyrece Gibbs hit a 3-pointer with four seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime and then connected on another trey with 34 seconds to go in the extra period to give New Hampshire a 58-57 victory over Stony Brook on Sunday.
Gibbs finished with 21 points, hitting six of his 14 3-point attempts. He also had 11 rebounds. Tyrone Conley added 10 points.
New Hampshire (13-15, 8-8 America East Conference) beat Stony Brook in both their meetings this season, and the teams will play again Saturday in Albany in the conference postseason tournament.
The Seawolves (16-13, 8-8) finished tied for fourth-place with New Hampshire, their best finish ever.
Muhammad El-Amin had 18 points and Demetrius Young 15 points for Stony Brook.
The Seawolves led 47-43, and later 50-46, but Gibbs brought the Wildcats back both times with a trey.
- New Hampshire beats Stony Brook 58-57 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four