Vermont secures a 93-81 win over Maine
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Colin McIntosh scored 23 points and Marqus Blakely added 19 points and 13 rebounds as Vermont defeated Maine 93-81 Sunday and gained a share of the America East regular season title.
The Catamounts (23-7, 13-3) won seven straight and 14 of 15 to share the crown with Binghamton, the third time in five years they have earned at least a share of the title.
The Catamounts were playing without Mike Trimboli and leading 56-54 when they took control with a 14-3 run for a 70-57 lead with 9:09 remaining. Vermont extended the lead to 89-69 with 2:17 to go.
Sean McNally had 24 points for Maine (9-20, 4-12). Troy Barnies added 19 and Kaimondre Owes 18.
McIntosh scored 15 points as the Catamounts took a 46-42 lead at the half. Blakely had 17 of his 19 points in the second half.
Nick Vier and Maurice Joseph each added 16 points for Vermont.
- Vermont secures a 93-81 win over Maine
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game