Boston U. beats Hartford 67-57 in overtime
BOSTON (AP)—Corey Lowe scored 11 of his 20 points in the final 6:19 of regulation and overtime and Boston University rallied for a 67-57 victory over Hartford on Sunday.
The Terriers (17-12, 11-5 America East Conference) blew a 21-point lead earlier in the game, but held Hartford without a field goal in overtime to win their third straight game.
They enter next weekend’s conference tournament as the No. 3 seed, playing defending champion Maryland-Baltimore County, seeded sixth. BU defeated UMBC twice during the regular season.
Hartford, losers of 14 straight, enters the tournament as the No. 9 seed in the nine-team tournament. The Hawks will face No. 8 Maine on Friday.
John Holland forced the OT with two free throws with 6.5 seconds left in regulation. Maine scored the first point of overtime, but BU finished with 11 straight points.
Morgan Sabia led Hartford with a season-high 20 points, but fouled out late in regulation.
- Boston U. beats Hartford 67-57 in overtime
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?