Moten leads Bowling Green past Akron 50-46
AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Brian Moten’s 3-pointer with a minute left put Bowling Green in front and his dunk in the final seconds secured the Falcons’ 50-46 win over Akron on Sunday afternoon.
The win kept Bowling Green (17-11, 10-4 Mid-American) tied with Buffalo for first in the conference’s East Division with two games to play.
The Falcons led for most of the second half until Nate Linhart’s layup with 3:45 remaining put Akron (18-11, 9-5) up 46-45. Neither team scored until Moten’s 3-pointer at 1:03 put Bowling Green back in the lead, 48-46.
Bowling Green’s Nate Miller grabbed his eighth rebound when the Zips’ Chris McKnight missed a layup attempt with 14 seconds left. Moten followed with his dunk, finishing with 17 points. Darryl Clements added 12 for Bowling Green.
Darryl Roberts and Nikola Cvetinovic each scored eight points for Akron, which shot just 30 percent.
- Moten leads Bowling Green past Akron 50-46
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four