Lipscomb beats North Florida 90-69
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Michael Lusk scored 21, grabbed 11 rebounds and dished out nine assists to lead Lipscomb to a 90-69 win over North Florida on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Adnan Hodzic also had 21 points for the Bisons (16-13, 12-9 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their eighth straight game. Brandon Brown chipped in with 10 points.
Lipscomb will host the A-Sun tournament in Nashville, Tenn., which starts on Wednesday.
Cortez Riley paced the Ospreys (8-22, 6-14) with 19 points and Matt Sauey added 11.
North Florida finished the season on a two-game skid.
Lipscomb opened the game on a 16-4 run and led 49-24 at halftime. The Ospreys outscored the Bisons 45-41 in the second half, but it wasn’t enough.
The Bisons hit 24 free throws in the game, while the Ospreys made just nine.
- Lipscomb beats North Florida 90-69
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown