Lipscomb beats North Florida 90-69
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Michael Lusk scored 21, grabbed 11 rebounds and dished out nine assists to lead Lipscomb to a 90-69 win over North Florida on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Adnan Hodzic also had 21 points for the Bisons (16-13, 12-9 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their eighth straight game. Brandon Brown chipped in with 10 points.
Lipscomb will host the A-Sun tournament in Nashville, Tenn., which starts on Wednesday.
Cortez Riley paced the Ospreys (8-22, 6-14) with 19 points and Matt Sauey added 11.
North Florida finished the season on a two-game skid.
Lipscomb opened the game on a 16-4 run and led 49-24 at halftime. The Ospreys outscored the Bisons 45-41 in the second half, but it wasn’t enough.
The Bisons hit 24 free throws in the game, while the Ospreys made just nine.
- The 10 best NCAA basketball players of the decade
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee