Alexander leads SFA past A&M-Corpus Christi, 71-66
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Josh Alexander scored 25 points and Stephen F. Austin held off a second-half comeback by Texas A&M-Corpus Christi for a 71-66 victory Saturday night.
The Lumberjacks (19-7, 11-3 Southland) led by 15 points early in the second half before the Islanders slowly climbed back, getting within two at the 2:04 mark.
Alexander hit a couple of free throws to push the lead back to four, and A&M-Corpus Christi (15-14, 10-4) never got a chance to tie the score. Alexander also led everyone with four steals.
Kevin Palmer led the Islanders with 20 points and six assists, and Demond Watt had 10 rebounds.
Matt Kingsley had 17 points and eight rebounds for Stephen F. Austin, while Girod Adams scored 13.
- Alexander leads SFA past A&M-Corpus Christi, 71-66
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark