S.C.-Upstate dominates Kennesaw State 80-51
SPARTANSBURG, S.C. (AP)—Nick Schneiders scored 20 points and blocked seven shots to lead South Carolina-Upstate to a dominating 80-51 win over Kennesaw State on Saturday.
Josh Chavis added 16 points for the Spartans (9-20, 8-12 Atlantic Sun Conference), who shot 54.5 percent from the field (24-for-44) and held the Owls (7-22, 3-17) to 30.4 percent shooting (17-for-56).
Kennesaw State also lost its seventh game in a row and 12 of its last 13 games.
S.C.-Upstate never trailed in the contest, pulling ahead 34-21 in the first half on a 3-pointer by Gabor Boros. A dunk off a fastbreak by Chalmers Rogers pushed the Spartans advantage to 53-33 with 10:55 left in the second half and later took their largest margin of the game at 34 points.
Jon-Michael Nickerson led the Owls with 15 points, while Spencer Dixon added 14.
- S.C.-Upstate dominates Kennesaw State 80-51
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier