Va. Commonwealth beats Georgia State 69-41
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Larry Sanders scored 14 points and Eric Maynor finished his home career with nine points and nine rebounds to help Virginia Commonwealth beat Georgia State 69-41 on Saturday.
The Rams (21-9, 14-4) clinched first place in the Colonial Athletic Association for the third straight year.
Maynor, who is Virginia Commonwealth’s career leader with 1,866 points and 651 assists, took over the top spot on the Rams’ scoring list with a floater in the lane with 11:22 remaining in the first half. The senior guard moved ahead of Kendrick Warren, who scored 1,858 points between 1990-94.
Sanders added six rebounds and three blocks for the Rams. Brandon Rozzell had 13 points and Joey Rodriguez 10.
Rashad Chase scored 10 points to lead the Panthers (11-19, 8-10), who ended a four-game winning streak with their lowest scoring output of the season.
- Mississippi beats Alabama, 68-63
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Northern Iowa holds on to beat No. 25 Wichita State, 53-50