Troy tops South Alabama 63-58
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Michael Vogler scored 13 points, had five assists and four steals to lead Troy to a 63-58 win over South Alabama on Saturday night.
The Trojans (19-11, 14-4 Sun Belt Conference) also received 12 points from Brandon Hazzard, while Tom Jervis chipped in with 11 rebounds and seven blocks. Troy won 12 of their final 13 games to end the regular season.
Domonic Tilford scored 17 points to lead the Jaguars (17-12, 10-8). DeAndre’ Coleman and Brandon Davis each contributed nine points and 11 rebounds apiece. South Alabama had its four-game winning streak snapped.
Troy was outrebounded 45-34, but outscored the Jaguars in the paint 36-20. The Trojans also recorded 12 steals off South Alabama’s 17 turnovers, shooting 44.8 percent from the field (26-for-58).
The Jaguars shot 35.7 percent (20-for-56).
- Charles Barkley admits he received money from agents at Auburn
- The Latest: Pastner expects tough 1st season at Georgia Tech
- ACC looks to keep strong 2-year NCAA run going in 2017
- Ducks must handle expectations after last season's success
- Year 2 for Smart at Texas has NCAA tourney wish list
- Gilberts donate $15 million to MSU to help Breslin project