Reese scores 24 as Tulsa beats SMU, 74-64
DALLAS (AP)—Ray Reese scored 24 points to lead Tulsa to a 74-64 comeback win over SMU on Saturday night.
Ben Uzoh added 20 points for the Golden Hurricane (20-9, 10-4 Conference USA), and Justin Hurtt had 15. Jerome Jordan scored seven points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
Paul McCoy scored 16 points to lead SMU (8-19, 2-12). Mouhammad Faye and Bamba Fall scored 12 apiece, and Derek Williams had 10.
SMU led 38-29 at halftime before being outscored 45-26 in the second half.
Tulsa dominated the boards, outrebounding SMU 44-29.
The Golden Hurricane won the game despite shooting 37 percent from the field. SMU shot 44 percent.
- Reese scores 24 as Tulsa beats SMU, 74-64
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark