Southeastern La. defeats Central Arkansas 98-61
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Damon Forest scored a career-high 26 points to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 98-61 victory over Central Arkansas on Saturday.
The Lions (11-16, 5-9 Southland Conference) scored the first 11 points of the game and never trailed to win consecutive games for the first time since December.
Forest went 8 of 9 from the floor as the Lions shot 67.9 percent from the field (38 of 56) and hit 10 3-pointers. They also outrebounded Central Arkansas 36-21.
The Bears (9-18, 2-12) have lost nine straight games.
Warrell Span scored six of his 16 points during a 6-0 run to give Southeastern Louisiana a 65-39 lead with 13:01 remaining.
David Nboumba scored 12 points, Chris Cyprian added 11 and Patrick Sullivan had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Lions.
Landrell Brewer scored 14 points and Mitch Rueter added 10 for Central Arkansas.
- Southeastern La. defeats Central Arkansas 98-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four