Princeton holds off Yale 62-54
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Dan Mavraides scored 16 points and pulled down six rebounds to lead Princeton to a 62-54 win over Yale on Saturday night.
Douglas Davis added 12 points for the Tigers (12-12, 7-4 Ivy League), who shot 53.5 percent from the field. Alex Zampier had 19 points for the Bulldogs (12-14, 7-5), while Ross Morin added 16.
Princeton took command early on, jumping out to a 14-0 lead, but Yale responded with a 13-0 run that featured two 3-pointers by Zampier. The teams then traded baskets for the rest of the half, with the Tigers ahead 27-20 at the break.
Princeton then maintained a slim lead throughout the second half, holding off several Bulldog rallies before finally pulling away in the closing minutes.
- Ex-UNC star Rashad McCants reinvents himself as an actor
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78