Coble leads Northwestern to 55-49 win over Iowa
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP)—Kevin Coble had 16 points and nine rebounds as Northwestern beat Iowa 55-49 on Saturday.
Michael Thompson had 14 and four assists for the Wildcats (16-11, 7-9 Big Ten), who are trying to reach the postseason for the first time in a decade with two regular season games remaining.
Craig Moore scored 11 and John Shurna added seven for Northwestern, which hit 7-of-14 3-pointers in the second half and finished 13-4 at home.
Jake Kelly scored 23 and Matt Gatens added 11 for Iowa (14-15, 4-12), which lost for the 11th time in 14 games. The Hawkeyes fell to 1-11 on the road, including 0-9 in the Big Ten.
Iowa, which beat the Wildcats 56-51 on Feb. 7 in Iowa City on the strength of 14 3-pointers, hit 7-of-25 3-pointers and only 10-of-30 second-half shots.
- Proof that Kentucky basketball fans are insane, part 1,703
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case