North Carolina A&T beats Howard 69-59
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Dwane Joshua scored 18 points and North Carolina A&T defeated Howard 69-59 on Saturday.
Joshua added six rebounds and shot 4-for-8 from beyond the 3-point arc. Thomas Coleman chipped in with nine points and three blocks for the Aggies (16-13, 9-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). The Aggies have won eight games in a row.
Howard (8-20, 6-8) was paced by Eugene Myatt, who scored 15 points. Kyle Riley added 11 and Kandi Mukole chipped in with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
North Carolina A&T was able to gain a victory despite shooting only 59.1 percent from the free-throw line (13-for-22). They shot 41 percent from the field (25-for-61) and narrowly outrebounded Howard 37-36.
The Bison had 24 turnovers, shooting 57.1 percent from the free-throw line (8-for-14).
- Malcolm Lee’s unexpected departure leaves UCLA scrambling
- No. 24 Butler defense shuts down DePaul in 82-66 win
- Foster's 35 points leads No. 20 Creighton in win over Hoyas
- Murphy, Minnesota outlast Michigan, 83-78
- Thompson leads Oregon State past Utah, 68-67
- Bucknell beats Boston U 88-66 behind Foulland's 20 points