North Carolina A&T beats Howard 69-59
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Dwane Joshua scored 18 points and North Carolina A&T defeated Howard 69-59 on Saturday.
Joshua added six rebounds and shot 4-for-8 from beyond the 3-point arc. Thomas Coleman chipped in with nine points and three blocks for the Aggies (16-13, 9-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). The Aggies have won eight games in a row.
Howard (8-20, 6-8) was paced by Eugene Myatt, who scored 15 points. Kyle Riley added 11 and Kandi Mukole chipped in with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
North Carolina A&T was able to gain a victory despite shooting only 59.1 percent from the free-throw line (13-for-22). They shot 41 percent from the field (25-for-61) and narrowly outrebounded Howard 37-36.
The Bison had 24 turnovers, shooting 57.1 percent from the free-throw line (8-for-14).
- From the Archives: The best Larry Bird cover ever
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home