Nicholls State tops McNeese State 80-76 in OT
THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Ryan Bathie and Justin Payne scored 19 points each and Nicholls State defeated McNeese State 80-76 in overtime on Saturday night.
McNeese led by three in overtime with just under 1 minute remaining, but Nicholls State (7-10, 10-4 Southland Conference) scored seven straight points as Dominic Friend and Anatoly Bose hit back-to-back 3-pointers and Chris Iles hit a free throw.
The Colonels, who were 4-for-4 from long range in overtime, were 53.3 percent on 3-pointers in the game (16 of 30).
Bose tallied 16 points and Iles added 12 points and a career-high five assists for the Colonels.
Nicholls State led 62-53 with under 4 minutes to play in regulation, before the Cowboys (11-16, 5-9) went on a 13-4 run, capped by a 3-pointer from Patrick Richard with 3 seconds to go to send the game to overtime.
Richard led McNeese State with 24 points.
- Deloach leads Norfolk State past Hampton 66-50
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case