Nicholls State tops McNeese State 80-76 in OT
THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Ryan Bathie and Justin Payne scored 19 points each and Nicholls State defeated McNeese State 80-76 in overtime on Saturday night.
McNeese led by three in overtime with just under 1 minute remaining, but Nicholls State (7-10, 10-4 Southland Conference) scored seven straight points as Dominic Friend and Anatoly Bose hit back-to-back 3-pointers and Chris Iles hit a free throw.
The Colonels, who were 4-for-4 from long range in overtime, were 53.3 percent on 3-pointers in the game (16 of 30).
Bose tallied 16 points and Iles added 12 points and a career-high five assists for the Colonels.
Nicholls State led 62-53 with under 4 minutes to play in regulation, before the Cowboys (11-16, 5-9) went on a 13-4 run, capped by a 3-pointer from Patrick Richard with 3 seconds to go to send the game to overtime.
Richard led McNeese State with 24 points.
- Catching up with Tamir Goodman, aka 'The Jewish Jordan'
- Purdue's Swanigan will return to school for sophomore season
- Indiana's Blackmon withdraws from NBA draft on deadline day
- Brey looks to former Irish players to fill assistant jobs
- Brimah, Purvis withdraw from draft, will return to UConn
- Edwards withdraws from NBA draft, will play again for Purdue