Nevada 84, Utah St. 71
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Armon Johnson scored 28 points and Luke Babbitt 21 as Nevada opened a 23-point lead in the first half Saturday night, then hung on to beat Utah State 84-71.
Johnson made 11-of-18 shots from the field and Babbitt hit 10-of-11 free throws while pulling down nine rebounds for the Wolf Pack, who are 17-11, 9-5 in the Western Athletic Conference.
Gary Wilkinson had a team-high 16 points and Tai Wesley 10 points and 10 rebounds for Utah State (26-4, 13-2), which has already clinched the WAC regular season title.
Nevada led 47-32 at the half and was ahead by as much as 41-18 thanks mostly to making six of it’s first shots from 3-point range—two by Johnson and one each by Babbitt, Lyndale Burleson and Brandon Fields, who finished with 16 points.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35