Louisiana-Monroe edges Arkansas State 64-63
MONROE, La. (AP)—Dynile Forbes hit two free throws with 9 seconds left to lift Louisiana-Monroe to a 64-63 win over Arkansas State on Saturday night.
Louisiana-Monroe (10-19, 6-12 Sun Belt Conference) trailed 63-60 with 1:41 to play before Forbes hit two free throws to pull the score within one point with 33 seconds left.
Ifeanyi Koggu then missed three free throws for Arkansas State (13-16, 5-13) before fouling Forbes.
Louisiana-Monroe, which shot 90 percent form the free-throw line (9 of 10), went 4-for-4 from the foul line in the final two minutes. Arkansas State went 1-for-5. The Red Wolves shot 68.4 percent from the free-throw line (13 of 19).
Malcolm Thomas paced the Warhawks with 18 points, Lawrence Gilbert added 12 and Forbes finished with 11.
The Red Wolves were led by Donald Boone’s 18 points, Daniel Bryant had 15 and Eric McKinney added 11.
- Derrick Rose's brother stomps off AAU court mid-game
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case