Charlotte beats Fordham 73-55
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—DiJuan Harris had 14 points and 11 assists to help Charlotte pull away in the second half, beating Fordham 73-55 on Saturday.
Lamont Mack had 13 points, RaShad Coleman and Ian Andersen had 11 points each for the 49ers (11-17, 5-9 Atlantic 10 Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Charlie Coley III and Phil Jones scored 10 each.
Mike Moore had 20 points and Alberto Estwick 12 for the Rams (3-23, 1-13), who have now lost eight straight and 16 of their last 17.
Charlotte built double-digit leads four times in the first half, before taking a 35-26 advantage at halftime. The 49ers pulled ahead by 23 points in the second half.
Fordham managed to cut Charlotte’s lead to 57-44 on Estwick’s 3-pointer with 9:33 left. But the 49ers responded with a 10-0 run that pushed their lead back to 67-44 with 7:10 left.
- College basketball’s newest celebration fad is the ’3 goggles’
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Former Baylor AD and basketball coach Menefee dies at 95
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74