Jenkins scores 35 to lift Hofstra in OT
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.—Charles Jenkins scored a career-high 35 points, including six in overtime, to help Hofstra beat UNC-Wilmington 88-81 Saturday night.
Cornelius Vines, who made five of 11 3-pointers, had 17 points for the Pride (20-10, 11-7 Colonial Athletic Association).
Montez Downey had 21 points for the Seahawks (7-24, 3-15) and Chad Tomko added 15 points.
With 19 seconds to go, Johnny Wolf hit a 3-pointer for Wilmington to tie it at 77.
Wilmington twice took two-point leads in overtime, the last on Tomko’s jumper that made it 81-79 with 1:40 to play.
Darren Townes made a free-throw and Jenkins, a sophomore, made a go-ahead jumper with 1:31 to go and the Pride scored the final six points.
- Curry gets 29; No. 20 Davidson romps past Guilford
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69