Portland State beats Eastern Washington in OT
CHENEY, Wash. (AP)—Jamie Jones had 15 points and 10 rebounds Saturday night, lifting Portland State to a 66-62 overtime victory over Eastern Washington.
Jeremiah Dominguez and Dominic Waters added 13 points apiece for the Vikings (21-9, 11-5 Big Sky Conference).
Brandon Moore had 18 points, 14 rebounds and five blocked shots for the Eagles (12-17, 6-10), who needed a victory to have any chance of advancing to the conference tournament.
After Andre Murray hit 1 of 2 from the line with 16 seconds left in overtime, Eastern had a chance to tie, but Benny Valentine missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 3.5 seconds left.
Portland State’s Julius Thomas grabbed the rebound, was fouled and sank both shots with 2.8 seconds left to seal it.
Trailing 56-52 in the final two minutes of regulation, field goals by Valentine and Moore tied it at 56. The Eagles had an opportunity to win, but Andy Genao misfired on an inside shot with three seconds left.
- Portland State beats Eastern Washington in OT
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2