Alabama-Birmingham knocks off East Carolina 82-62
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Robert Vaden and Cameron Moore each scored 18 points to lead Alabama-Birmingham to an 82-62 victory over East Carolina on Saturday night.
The Blazers (20-9, 10-4 Conference USA) outscored East Carolina 48-28 in the second half to win for the seventh time in eight games.
The Pirates (13-15, 5-10) have lost four consecutive games.
UAB used a 28-6 second-half run to turn a 42-42 tie with 14:46 left in the game into a 70-48 lead with 6:06 remaining.
Vaden, who leads the conference with 3.1 3-pointers a game, hit two 3-pointers in the run and finished with three.
Channing Toney’s two free throws gave the Blazers a 24-point lead with 3:30 left in the game.
Toney finished 17 points and Howard Crawford had 13 points for UAB.
Jamar Abrams led East Carolina with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Sam Hinnant and Brock Young added 10 points each.
- Derrick Rose's diet sounds delicious, inadvisable
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality