Clutch FTs lift Dayton, 70-65
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Mickey Perry, Marcus Johnson and Charles Little each hit two foul shots in the final 41 seconds to help Dayton hang on for a 70-65 victory over Temple on Saturday.
Temple (17-11, 9-5 Atlantic 10) had trailed by 16 points with less than 6 minutes left before putting together a furious comeback that drew the Owls to 64-59 with just under a minute remaining.
But Perry hit two foul shots with 41 seconds left. After Dionte Christmas, who matched Ryan Brooks with 20 points for the Owls, hit a 3-pointer, Johnson hit two more free throws with 16 seconds remaining. Christmas hit another 3 with 9 seconds left before Little made both of his foul shots with 5 seconds remaining to close the scoring.
Chris Wright scored 20 points, Johnson had 14 and Perry 10 for the Flyers (24-5, 10-4). London Warren added nine rebounds, eight assists and four points.
- How Kentucky's Josh Harrellson became known as 'Jorts'
- Gamecocks ranked again, play No. 19 Florida, No. 5 Kentucky
- Freshman Jonathan Isaac on a roll for No. 10 Florida State
- Jenkins, Brunson, lead No. 1 Villanova past Seton Hall 76-46
- Villanova back to No. 1 in AP poll, leapfrogging Kansas
- Martin, No. 13 Butler come from 18 down, top Marquette 88-80