New Mexico beats Colorado St. 81-79 win in OT
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP)—Dairese Gary scored four of his 14 points in the second overtime and Chad Toppart scored 19 points, leading New Mexico to an 81-79 victory over Colorado State Saturday night.
Roman Martinez added 18 points for the Lobos (19-10, 10-4 Mountain West).
The win pulled the Lobos within two games of conference-leading Utah with two games left.
Marcus Walker led Colorado State (9-20, 4-11) with a season-high 33 points.
Jonathan Wills broke a 73-73 tie with a 3-pointer for New Mexico at the 3:15 juncture of the second overtime. After Travis Franklin missed two free throws for the Rams, Gary sank two free throws to give the Lobos a 78-73 cushion.
Walker sank a 3-pointer to cut it to 78-77 with 1:19 to go. Gary’s two free throws were answered by Walker. Chad Toppart sealed the game with a free throw with 7.2 seconds left.
- Crazy missed dunk by Jamar Samuels goes down yet pops out
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56