Chicago State defeats Texas Pan American 92-75
CHICAGO (AP)—David Holston scored 24 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Chicago State to a 92-75 win over Texas Pan American Saturday.
Holston also had eight assists for Chicago State (18-13). Three other Cougars scored in the double digits, including John Cantrell with 22 points and five rebounds and Mike Wilson with 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
Carl Montgomery had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Chicago State led 50-40 at the break and came back to score 42 points to the Broncs’ 35 in the second period.
Nick Weiermiller led Texas Pan American (9-17) with a game-high 25 points on 8-of-12 shooting. Nathan Hawkins came off the bench to add 14 more, and Andrew Smith came off to score 10.
The Broncs shot 51 percent and made 62 percent of their free throws, while the Cougars shot 45 percent and sunk 64 percent of free throws.
- Chicago State defeats Texas Pan American 92-75
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0