Eastern Michigan beats Central Michigan 57-56
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Antonio Green had only three free throw attempts but made them all with 13 seconds left, giving Eastern Michigan a 57-56 win over Mid-American rival Central Michigan on Saturday night.
Marcus Van scored a game-high 20 points in a losing effort for Central Michigan (9-18, 5-9 Mid-American).
Zane Gay and Brandon Bowdry led Eastern Michigan (6-23, 4-10) with 12 points each, while Justin Dobbins added 11. Green finished with five points.
Antonio Weary had 11 points for Central Michigan.
Central Michigan led 30-28 at halftime and for the game outscored the Eagles 30-18 in the paint. But Eastern Michigan’s bench outpaced the Chippewas 19-13 during a close game that featured nine ties and 15 lead changes.
- Five observations from Tennessee's win over Kentucky
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69