Eastern Michigan beats Central Michigan 57-56
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Antonio Green had only three free throw attempts but made them all with 13 seconds left, giving Eastern Michigan a 57-56 win over Mid-American rival Central Michigan on Saturday night.
Marcus Van scored a game-high 20 points in a losing effort for Central Michigan (9-18, 5-9 Mid-American).
Zane Gay and Brandon Bowdry led Eastern Michigan (6-23, 4-10) with 12 points each, while Justin Dobbins added 11. Green finished with five points.
Antonio Weary had 11 points for Central Michigan.
Central Michigan led 30-28 at halftime and for the game outscored the Eagles 30-18 in the paint. But Eastern Michigan’s bench outpaced the Chippewas 19-13 during a close game that featured nine ties and 15 lead changes.
- Eastern Michigan beats Central Michigan 57-56
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?