Simmons has 21 as Army beats Bucknell 70-53
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—Julian Simmons scored 21 points and Josh Miller had 18 as Army beat Bucknell 70-53 on Saturday.
Doug Williams added 14 points and Richard Cleveland chipped in 12 for Army (10-18, 6-8 Patriot League).
Patrick Behan had 23 points and 12 rebounds for Bucknell (7-22, 4-10), while Justin Castleberry scored 11 points and Darryl Shazier added nine.
Army held a 29-27 edge at the half but began the second period with a 19-2 run capped by back-to-back 3-pointers by Simmons to take a 48-29 lead with 14:37 remaining.
- Assuming they were out helped Saint Mary's get in
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown