Iona 48, St. Peter’s 57
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Nick Leon scored 17 points and Wesley Jenkins added 16 points and 11 rebounds as St. Peter’s defeated Iona 57-48 Friday night.
St. Peter’s (10-18, 7-10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) never trailed, but Iona (12-17, 7-10) kept the game close through the first half, trailing 23-20 at intermission.
St. Peter’s stretched its lead to 13 points late in the second half, taking advantage of cold shooting by Iona. The Gaels shot only 30 percent for the game, including 3-of-17 from 3-point range.
The Gaels’ Gary Springer led all scorers with 18 points and had a game-high 12 rebounds.
Ryan Bacon was also in double figures for the Peacocks, with 13 points.
- Iona 48, St. Peter's 57
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four