Iona 48, St. Peter’s 57
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Nick Leon scored 17 points and Wesley Jenkins added 16 points and 11 rebounds as St. Peter’s defeated Iona 57-48 Friday night.
St. Peter’s (10-18, 7-10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) never trailed, but Iona (12-17, 7-10) kept the game close through the first half, trailing 23-20 at intermission.
St. Peter’s stretched its lead to 13 points late in the second half, taking advantage of cold shooting by Iona. The Gaels shot only 30 percent for the game, including 3-of-17 from 3-point range.
The Gaels’ Gary Springer led all scorers with 18 points and had a game-high 12 rebounds.
Ryan Bacon was also in double figures for the Peacocks, with 13 points.
- Nine former champions will go gray this season
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35