Canisius outfoxes Marist 75-49
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Frank Turner and Greg Logins each scored 16 points as Canisius defeated Marist 75-49 Friday.
Julius Coles scored 15 and grabbed 11 rebounds while Tomas Vasquez-Simmons added another 13 points with 5 boards as Canisius (10-18, 4-13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) won its third straight game.
Ryan Schneider led Marist (9-21, 4-13 MAAC) with 12 points and 7 rebounds. The team shot just 32.1 percent, 18-of-56 for the game.
A 25-2 run allowed Canisius to take a 38-18 lead at the break, their largest halftime lead and the fewest first-half points allowed by Canisius this season as well as Marist’s lowest first-half output.
Canisius shot 15-for-35 in the first half. The MAAC’s top rebounding team, Canisius ruled the boards, out-rebounding Marist 46-27.
Canisius followed in the second half shooting 50 percent (12-of-24).
- Canisius outfoxes Marist 75-49
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four