Lipscomb beats Jacksonville 92-82
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic scored 22 points and Lipscomb defeated Jacksonville 92-82 on Thursday night, for its seventh consecutive win.
Lipscomb (15-13, 11-18 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out to a 17-6 advantage on a jumper by Michael Lusk with 12:30 left in the first half and never relinquished the lead.
The Bisons scored their last 14 points on free throws, going 14-for-14 from the line in the final 2:29.
Hodzic led six Bisons in double figures as Josh Slater scored 15 points and Brian Wright notched 12. Jordan Burgason and Michael Lusk added 11 each and Jimmy Oden chipped in 12.
Lipscomb was 29-for-36 from the free-throw line (80.6 percent) and shot 60 percent from the field (27 of 45).
Ben Smith led the Dolphins (16-12, 14-5) with 19 points and Lehmon Colbert added 17. Travis Cohn tallied 12 points and Ayron hardy scored 10 for Jacksonville.
- Lipscomb beats Jacksonville 92-82
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four