Wagner jumps by Quinnipiac, 75-66
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)Justin Drummond scored 21 points and Joey Mundweiler added 17 as Wagner pushed back Quinnipiac 75-66 in a Northeast Conference game Thursday.
Wagner (15-13, 7-10) put the game away with a late run after the score was tied at 62 with 4:20 to play in the game.
The Seahawks, who have won three straight and five of its last six games, went on a 12-2 run as Drummond made three field goals in the stretch.
James Feldeine led Quinnipiac with 18 points and Bryan Geffen added 14. Justin Rutty had 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Quinnipiac led by seven early in the game before Mundweiler sank four three-point field goals and the Seahawks took a 37-30 lead at halftime. Wagner built as much as a 14-point lead early in the second half before Quinnipiac rallied to tie the game.
- Wagner jumps by Quinnipiac, 75-66
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four