Wagner jumps by Quinnipiac, 75-66
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)Justin Drummond scored 21 points and Joey Mundweiler added 17 as Wagner pushed back Quinnipiac 75-66 in a Northeast Conference game Thursday.
Wagner (15-13, 7-10) put the game away with a late run after the score was tied at 62 with 4:20 to play in the game.
The Seahawks, who have won three straight and five of its last six games, went on a 12-2 run as Drummond made three field goals in the stretch.
James Feldeine led Quinnipiac with 18 points and Bryan Geffen added 14. Justin Rutty had 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Quinnipiac led by seven early in the game before Mundweiler sank four three-point field goals and the Seahawks took a 37-30 lead at halftime. Wagner built as much as a 14-point lead early in the second half before Quinnipiac rallied to tie the game.
- North Carolina recruit on Coach K: 'He looks like a rat'
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?