IPFW beats UMKC 76-71
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP)—Ben Botts scored 22 points, including two free throws to seal the win, as IPFW beat UMKC 76-71 Thursday night in the Summit League.
Nick Daniels had 16, David Carson 15 and Dellvez Yearby 12 for the Mastodons (12-16, 7-10).
Bakari Lewis scored 17 points to pace the Kangaroos (7-23, 3-14). Dustin Dibble had 15, Latreze Mushatt 14 and Tre McKinney-Jones 11.
The Kangaroos opened with six unanswered points, but IPFW fought back to an 11-11 tie and the game remained nip and tuck en route to a 37-37 tie at halftime.
UMKC opened the second half with a 6-0 run but Carson hit a layup to tie it at 47 with 11:34 left. Shortly after that, IPFW took control and led by as many as seven with 6:14 left.
UMKC closed to within three with seven seconds left before Botts closed it out with his free throws.
- IPFW beats UMKC 76-71
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?