Utah State defeats Hawaii 82-62
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Gary Wilkinson scored 27 points to lead four Aggies in double figures as Utah State ran past Hawaii 82-62 Thursday night.
Tai Wesley scored 16 for the Aggies (26-3, 13-1 Western Athletic Conference), while Tyler Newbold scored 12 and pulled down a game-high nine rebounds. Jared Quayle added 10 points.
Hiram Thompson scored a career-high 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting for the Rainbow Warriors (13-14, 5-9). Bill Amis scored 12, and Roderick Fleming 10.
Utah State put together a 13-0 run midway through the second half, a stretch of four minutes in which Hawaii did not score but turned the ball over three times, all leading to scores by the Aggies. Utah State outrebounded Hawaii 36-25, and the Warriors had 16 turnovers in the game.
Both teams shot 54 percent in the first half, with Utah State taking a 41-28 halftime lead.
The win gave Utah State the regular-season conference championship with two league games remaining.
- Utah State defeats Hawaii 82-62
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown