Tennessee-Martin beats Eastern Kentucky 74-55
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Olajide Hay scored 22 points and Tennesee-Martin defeated Eastern Kentucky 74-55 on Thursday night.
Hay shot 10-for-12 from the field and added 12 rebounds for the Skyhawks (20-8, 13-4 Ohio Valley Conference). Lester Hudson added 17 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Hudson had scored 20 or more points in his previous 28 games.
Eastern Kentucky (18-11, 10-7) was led by Papa Oppong, who scored 11.
The Skyhawks shot 51.7 percent from the field (30-for-58), and outrebounded Eastern Kentucky 40-27.
The Colonels shot 32.1 percent (18-for-56), and were outscored in the paint 42-16.
Tennessee-Martin used 46.9 percent shooting (15-for-32) in the first half to take a 32-23 halftime lead. Eastern Kentucky shot 25.8 percent in the first half (8-for-31).
- College basketball winners and losers
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner