Sacred Heart beats St. Francis, NY 76-73
NEW YORK (AP)—Joey Henley scored 19 points and Ryan Litke had 15 to lead five Sacred Heart players in double figures and the Pioneers beat St. Francis, N.Y. 76-73 on Thursday night.
Ricky Cadell had a career-high 33 points for the Terriers (10-18, 7-10), who still qualified for the Northeast Conference’s tournament. The top eight finishers in the 12-team league play in the tournament and St. Francis, which has one game remaining, can finish no worse than seventh.
St. Francis, which led 45-36 at halftime, took a 60-48 lead with 13:06 to go on a three-point play by Cadell.
The Pioneers (15-13, 12-6) then went on a 20-5 run that was capped by a 3-pointer by Corey Hassan that gave Sacred Heart the lead for good, 68-65 with 3:13 to go.
John Gooden had 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Terriers.
- Sacred Heart beats St. Francis, NY 76-73
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action