Benson’s 15 points, 11 rebounds key Oakland win
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Keith Benson scored 15 points on 7-for-8 field-goal shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds for Oakland, which beat Southern Utah 78-62 on Thursday night.
Oakland (19-11, 12-5 Summit) built a 45-30 halftime lead and outshot Southern Utah for the game 52 percent (29-for-56) to 41 percent (21-for-51). The Golden Grizzlies also had a 32-26 rebounding edge.
Johnathon Jones had 17 points and five assists for Oakland, and Erik Kangas added 16 points.
Davis Baker scored 14 points, and Cory Davis added 11 for the Thunderbirds (10-18, 8-9). John Clifford had nine points and eight rebounds.
- Letter besmirching Jimmer inspires hilarious Facebook thread
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch