Albany, N.Y. 56, New Hampshire 64
DURHAM, N.H. (AP)—Tyrece Gibbs and Radar Onguetou keyed a decisive 7-0 run that broke a late tie and New Hampshire went on to a 64-56 victory over Albany in America East Thursday night.
With the score tied at 49, Onguetou rebounded a missed shot to put the Wildcats ahead to stay. Gibbs followed with a 3-pointer, and then Ongueutou sank two free throws with 1:36 left. Albany never caught up.
Gibbs finished with 20 points and Onguetou had 12 and nine rebounds for New Hampshire (12-15, 7-8). Rony Tchatchoua also had 12 points for the Wildcats.
Tim Ambrose had 11 points for Albany (14-14, 6-9), which led 34-27 early in the second half.
Gibbs’ two free throws pulled the Wildcats even at 37, and the lead bounced back and forth.
Albany shot only 33 percent from the field for the game, and only 21 percent in the second half.
- Albany, N.Y. 56, New Hampshire 64
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown