Murray State beats Morehead State 69-64
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Isacc Miles scored 13 points to lead Murray State in a 69-64 win over Morehead State on Thursday night.
Tony Easley and Danero Thomas added 12 points apiece and Kevin Thomas had 11 for the Racers (17-11, 12-5 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won two straight games and seven of their last eight.
Demonte Harper paced the Eagles (16-14, 12-5) with 14 points, while Leon Buchanon added 13 and Maze Stallworth had 11.
The Eagles pulled to within 66-64 on Harper’s 3-pointer with 28 seconds left, but the Racers hit three free throws from there to seal the win.
The Racers and Eagles are now locked in a three-way tie for second place in the OVC with one game to go—one game behind Tennessee-Martin.
The Racers host Eastern Kentucky on Saturday, while the Eagles travel to Tennessee-Martin in the regular-season finale for both teams.
- Murray State beats Morehead State 69-64
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0