Houston Baptist beats SW Assemblies of God 76-72
HOUSTON (AP)—Emanuel Willis and Gordon Watt each had double-doubles to help Houston Baptist defeat Southwest Assemblies of God 76-72 Thursday night.
Willis scored 16 points and had 16 rebounds while Watt had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Houston Baptist (5-23). Baron Sauls scored 15 and Andrew Puzyk added 14 off the bench.
Jeremy Carey scored 21 and Chris Valliere contributed 14 points for Southwest Assemblies of God (9-18).
After Southwest Assemblies opened the game with four quick points, Houston Baptist went on a 16-0 run and never trailed.
Valliere hit a 3-pointer to pull Southwest Assemblies to within four points in the final seconds of the game.
Houston Baptist led 46-30 at the half.
- The loser in Greg McDermott to Creighton ... Northern Iowa?
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- South Carolina freshman Felder arrested, jailed for assault
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season