Houston Baptist beats SW Assemblies of God 76-72
HOUSTON (AP)—Emanuel Willis and Gordon Watt each had double-doubles to help Houston Baptist defeat Southwest Assemblies of God 76-72 Thursday night.
Willis scored 16 points and had 16 rebounds while Watt had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Houston Baptist (5-23). Baron Sauls scored 15 and Andrew Puzyk added 14 off the bench.
Jeremy Carey scored 21 and Chris Valliere contributed 14 points for Southwest Assemblies of God (9-18).
After Southwest Assemblies opened the game with four quick points, Houston Baptist went on a 16-0 run and never trailed.
Valliere hit a 3-pointer to pull Southwest Assemblies to within four points in the final seconds of the game.
Houston Baptist led 46-30 at the half.
- ‘Net Reaction: Pat Summitt diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team
- Cook leads No. 16 Oregon past Colorado 76-56