College of Charleston survives Wofford 86-84
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Goudelock scored 20 points to lead College of Charleston to an 86-84 victory over Wofford on Thursday night.
Jeremy Simmons contributed 16 points for the Cougars (22-7, 14-5 Southern Conference), while Marcus Hammond added 13. Charleston has now won four straight, including six of its last seven.
After trailing 41-26 at halftime, Wofford opened the second half with a 12-6 run to cut the lead to 47-38 with 14:44 remaining. The Terriers (14-13, 10-8) continued to chip away to Charleston’s lead, and Junior Salters’ jumper with 1:13 left made the score 77-72. Wofford got within three points after Corey Godzinski made a 3-pointer with 19 seconds to cut the score to 82-79. But the Cougars made their free throws down the stretch to put the game out of reach.
Noah Dahlman paced Wofford with a career-high 36 points. Salters chipped in with 16.
- College of Charleston survives Wofford 86-84
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2