College of Charleston survives Wofford 86-84
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Goudelock scored 20 points to lead College of Charleston to an 86-84 victory over Wofford on Thursday night.
Jeremy Simmons contributed 16 points for the Cougars (22-7, 14-5 Southern Conference), while Marcus Hammond added 13. Charleston has now won four straight, including six of its last seven.
After trailing 41-26 at halftime, Wofford opened the second half with a 12-6 run to cut the lead to 47-38 with 14:44 remaining. The Terriers (14-13, 10-8) continued to chip away to Charleston’s lead, and Junior Salters’ jumper with 1:13 left made the score 77-72. Wofford got within three points after Corey Godzinski made a 3-pointer with 19 seconds to cut the score to 82-79. But the Cougars made their free throws down the stretch to put the game out of reach.
Noah Dahlman paced Wofford with a career-high 36 points. Salters chipped in with 16.
- James Madison sets record for largest knockout game ever
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims