North Dakota State tops Centenary 89-79
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP)—Brett Winkelman scored 34 points and Ben Woodside added 32 as North Dakota State defeated Centenary 89-79 on Thursday night to clinch at least a share of the Summit League regular-season championship.
The Bison (22-6, 15-2) have not won a league championship since sharing the 1995 North Central Conference title with North Dakota.
North Dakota State had a season-high 50 rebounds to win its seventh straight road game and 13th of its last 14 contests. Centenary had 29 boards.
The Gentlemen (7-21, 5-11) trailed 59-58 with 5:59 left after a 3-pointer by Maxx Nakwaasah, but Woodside had two layups and the Bison were 14 of 16 from the free-throw line to pull away.
Winkelman, who was 9-for-18 from the field and 15-for-17 from the foul line, had 14 rebounds for his seventh double-double this season.
Gary Redus led the Gentlemen with 26 points.
- Are Arizona State’s new-look logo and jerseys an improvement?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims