Boston U. holds down Maine, 76-65
BOSTON (AP)John Holland scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Boston University held back Maine 76-65 Thursday night.
Freshman Jeff Pelage set season highs with 10 points and 12 rebounds for BU (16-12, 12-5 America East), which will be the No. 3 seed at next week’s conference tournament in Albany.
The two double-doubles matched BU’s total for the year. It was the first time in nine years two BU players had double-doubles in the same game.
The Terriers, beating Maine for the sixth straight time, never trailed and led by as many 22 points.
Gerald McLemore led Maine (9-19, 4-11 and the No. 8 seed in the league tournament) with 16 points. Troy Barnies and 13 points and 10 rebounds, while Mark Socoby scored 11 points, including the 1,000th of his career.
Boston University’s win was its 1,000th victory of its 100-year history.
- Boston U. holds down Maine, 76-65
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game