Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 68-52
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Matt Kingsley scored 23 points to help lead Stephen F. Austin to a 68-52 victory over Texas State on Wednesday night.
Kingsley hit 10-of-15 from the field and 3-of-4 free throws. Josh Alexander scored 15 points and Nick Shaw had a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Stephen F. Austin (18-7, 10-3 Southland).
Brandon Bush led Texas State (12-14, 5-8) with 22 points.
Stephen F. Austin led 40-21 at the half after shooting 58 percent from the field to 37 percent for Texas State.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups