Radford beats High Point 69-64
RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 21 points and Phillip Martin hit a late 3-pointer to seal Radford’s 69-64 win over High Point on Wednesday night.
High Point, which had gone on a 10-0 run early in the second half to overcome a one-point halftime deficit, took a 64-62 lead on Jourdan Morris’ layup with 1:34 left. But Martin hit what would be the game-winning 3-pointer on the next possession, putting Radford up 65-64 with 1:20 left.
Amir Johnson went 4-for-4 at the foul line in the final 18 seconds, his only points of the game, to cap a decisive 7-0 run to seal the win.
Joey Lynch-Flohr finished with 15 points, Martin had 12 and Artsiom Parakhouski added 11 for Radford (18-10, 15-2 Big South Conference). The win keeps Radford in first place with one game left, a home contest versus Liberty on Feb. 28.
Nick Barbour paced the Panthers (9-19, 4-13) with 25 points.
- Radford beats High Point 69-64
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot