Old Dominion edges William & Mary 64-63
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Frank Hassell and Ben Finney scored 13 points each and Old Dominion held off William & Mary 64-63 on Wednesday night.
The Monarchs (19-9, 11-6 Colonial Athletic Association) led 49-40 with 10:02 left, but the Tribe rallied to tie the game at 53.
William & Mary pulled ahead 61-58 with 1:38 remaining, but Darius James hit a 3-pointer to tie the game for the 12th time.
Jonathan Adams added a 3 for Old Dominion with 36 seconds remaining for a 64-61 lead. Danny Sumner then hit a jumper to pull the Tribe (9-19, 4-13) within one point with 11 seconds left.
After a missed shot by William & Mary’s Quinn McDowell, James missed a free throw with nine seconds on the clock. David Schneider, who led the Tribe with 22 points, got the rebound, but missed a 3-point attempt and the Monarchs won their fourth straight game and eighth of their last nine.
- Old Dominion edges William & Mary 64-63
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four